Pack to School: Fill backpacks For Kids
Charity Team Building
Welcome to the Pack To School Backpacks for Kids charity team building event that guides your team in filling backpacks for kids with all the school supplies that kids need to succeed! From the creative mind of Quixote Consulting founder Rob Fletcher, our consultants have helped hundreds of companies just like yours help-served children around the world.
Teams earn points by completing fun school-oriented challenges (that can be customized just for you!) to earn the essential ingredients to fill backpacks for kids that need them most. Teams solve fun, innovative puzzles and challenges to earn enough “money” to purchase that last crucial supply to be the first to fill their backpacks for the kids.
The Pack To School Backpacks for Kids charity team building activity is an excellent way to reach out and help the children that aren’t as fortunate as we are by giving them the essential school tools they need to succeed. The backpacks for kids are filled with binders, crayons, pencil cases, notebooks, water bottles and more! And to add that special touch, each backpack for a kid is also filled with a lovely hand-written card from your team full of encouragement and love.
And that’s not all – teams also build kits for recreation classes, medical kits, arts class, music class and more! And if location and timing permits, Quixote Consulting can coordinate a service project right in the school, painting and rebuilding in an extreme school makeover!
With so many different ways to have fun and earn supplies for the backpacks for the kids, there’s something for everyone on every team to do. The group can only be successful by working together, communicating effectively, identifying strengths of team members, and focusing on their mission – helping the children.
We partner with charities such as Boys and Girls Clubs to get backpacks to the kids and help the schools that need them the most. We’re also happy to partner with a local school or charity of your choice.
Each child receives:
- A brand new backpack
- All the school supplies any kid could need to succeed.
- A personalized card decorated and signed by your team
- Five Questions to Help You Be Happy – original content by strengths expert Rob Fletcher that distills the latest in happiness research for children into five fun and memorable questions
Each school also can receive:
- Art pack
- Medical pack
- Music pack
- Gym pack
- Whatever other great ideas we come up with together!
The Power of Purpose
Research tells us that one of the main paths to happiness is to connect with the power of purpose. This power of purpose ignites when you link your daily work with the greater good, helping to make some part of the larger world around you better.
Purpose allows people to work harder and with more passion than if the work were just for them. The Pack To School Backpacks for Kids charity team building activity leverages this power of purpose in two ways at the same time:
1 – The Children: By focusing on the children as customers and having a tangible, memorable and direct experience with them.
2 – Working and Succeeding Together: By interdependently working with everyone on your team every step of the way
Ignite the Power of Purpose in Your Work Place
You’ll be amazed at how energizing the Pack To School Backpacks for Kids charity team building activity can be for everyone involved. You will also realize what your team can accomplish back at work after an event that has everyone working together for such a rewarding cause.
We all want to make a difference in this world. Here’s a rare opportunity to actually do so, with immediate, tangible results built into the process. This is an extraordinary way to infuse a conference with energy, create a feeling of immense good will and a sense of meaning larger than day-to-day work challenges, while reinforcing the value of teamwork. If you want an event that your people will never forget, this is the one.
We take care of all the logistics – making you look good while making the whole event simple and painless. Remember, keep this one a surprise for the participants – don’t spill the beans! The surprise value of the big finale cannot be overstated.
Maximize Your Team Building Investment
- Icebreaker with Purpose – Your event begins with a fun, fast-paced energizer that lets people learn something wonderful about other people on their team related to purpose and connecting back to when they were kids.
- Challenges with Purpose – Every challenge that teams complete to earn their bicycles tests and teaches the latest strengths, happiness and positive psychology research, particularly focusing on the power of purpose. We go beyond a random assortment of trivia to get your team valuable information in fun ways that stick. Or if you like, together we can customize the challenges to test and teach your team important and fun information about your company. Or we also have a just for fun set of challenges if fun is the highest order of the day.
- Customization – We can customize as much or as little of this event as you want – challenges, decorations, rules, even the game itself. If there’s a theme for your conference, convention or team project, let us know and we’ll make it happen.
- Content with Purpose – If you have the time, we’ll combine a mini-training session on the Power of Purpose before the Collaborative Pack To School Backpacks for Kids charity team building activity at no extra charge. This mini-session is perfect if you have three or four hours total.
- Resources After the Event – Participants will receive both the Power of Purpose e-book by team strengths expert Rob Fletcher (an excerpt from his forthcoming book At Your Best) and wonderful pictures of the event to keep the energy and momentum going.
- Complimentary Coaching After the Event – The leader of the team will receive one complimentary follow-up executive coaching session to assist in the learning transfer.
- Press Release (Optional) After the Event – Let the rest of the world know about your good deeds! We’ll send a press release to the news outlet(s) of your choice after the program with a photo of the event if you’d like.
- Conversation Starter (Optional) Before the Event – If you like, we provide you with a quick conversation starter for people to think about and share with other members of the team before the event. This builds anticipation, allows people to start ‘good gossip’ about your event and makes the event even more memorable.
- Professional Development (Optional)– Combine the Collaborative Pack To School Backpacks for Kids charity team building activity with one of Quixote Consulting’s training programs such as the strengths-based program At Your Best or an assessment such as MBTI, Firo-B or StrengthsFinder for a full day of professional development that blends fun and content.
Global and Multi-Lingual
Quixote Consulting consultants have led charity team building exercises around the world: on most of the continents (not Antarctica yet) and in different languages, including Spanish and Portuguese
8-200The Pack To School Backpacks for Kids charity team building activity includes a debrief by a trained facilitator. The debrief focuses on linking the activity with your important work back at the office. The Pack To School Backpacks for Kids charity team building activity debrief helps you to leverage the power of purpose back at work, discover team and individual strengths and link your performance with contributing successfully as a team. Portions of the Pack To School Backpacks for Kids charity team building debrief can be customized for your group goals.
Minimum/Maximum Group Size
15 to more than 5,000 participants. The larger the group, the more backpacks you make, and the more children in your community benefit! We’ve worked with very large and very small teams around the world.
2-4 hours. The program can also be part of a full day incorporating Team Collaboration Quest collaborative team building or a work-style assessment such as MBTI or StrengthsFinder. This provides a perfect partnership of content-based training and a powerful story and image of your team collaborating successfully.
20 square feet of open space per participant is a good guideline. The Pack To School Backpacks for Kids charity team building exercise can be indoors or outdoors – your office building, a ballroom or conference room, even a local park. The Pack To School Backpacks for Kids charity team building exercise can be held anywhere in the world. We come to you, complete with everything you’ll need to insure an exhilarating and memorable charity team building activity.
Take Homes, Extras
We send action photos and further resources to participants after the event. These resources guide participants in making a strong link between their positive charity team building experience and their important work back at the office.
Your group can also receive a large poster-sized Thank You card from the children, suitable for framing.
We can also give you suggestions for a small gift for everyone who participates or fun extra gifts you can give to the children.