To focus and get the work done start…
- Identifying your high-energy periods – in a day, week, month, year
- Identifying your high-priority work (the ‘real work’)
- Matching your high-energy periods with your high-priority work
- Labeling that time something fun and memorable: ex. rocket fuel time, deep work, etc. and celebrating in a fun way when you focus and get the work done.
To focus and get the work done stop…
- The distractions during your high-energy time – wifi, email, phones, meetings, news, computer?, what else?
- Expecting every high-energy time period (day/week/month) to be productive
- Getting frustrated if your high-energy moments aren’t as easily mapped as you’d like
- Getting frustrated that urgent time-sensitive demands sometimes take priority. Keep fidelity to your core work and return again and again with a peaceful heart to the work you were born to do.